We collect data from you in a few different ways:
- When you contact us: If you ever need to get in touch with us, we may ask for your name, email address and other general details.
- When you interact with our social media channels
- Whenever you interact with our website, sign up for a mailing list
Why Do We Need Any Information?
We’re all about helping people live a better, more profitable and more fulfilled life, so we need certain information to make that possible. We use the data we collect to:
- Provide you with the services you want
- Improve our services: Your data helps us improve our services by allowing us to better understand our users and their needs, which allows us to make our site more helpful and useful for everyone.
- Inform new information: As our website grows, so too does the need to let people know
- Keep our members engaged: Your data also helps us engage our growing readership and keep them updated on the latest news, events, tips and other information they need to live a better life
- Protect our members and the public: Your data also helps us protect our members and the public from online dangers like scams and fraud, as well as from any potential breaches of our systems.
What Happens to this Data??
When it comes to where your data goes and who has access to it, we take your privacy very seriously. We never sell your information, and we only share your data with trusted third-party vendors when necessary for the purpose of providing you with our services.
Some of the ways we handle your data include:
- Storing your data on secure servers: Your data is stored on secure servers that are protected by regular system audits and an in-house security team.
- Limiting the number of people who have access to your data: Only a handful of our people have access to your data, and they all go through regular training to ensure they understand their obligations to protect your information.
- Engaging third-party services only after careful vetting: We only work with third-party services that are certified by Trustmark and adhere to strict data protection standards.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We implement a number of measures to protect your data every day. These include:
- Regular software audits and system updates: We regularly audit our software and update it when necessary to keep your data safe.
- Regular training about data protection: We make it a priority to learn about data protection, user privacy and the importance of data security
- Regular system scans for vulnerabilities: We regularly scan our systems for vulnerabilities that could put your data at risk
- Strict data security policies
While we work hard to protect your data, you can also take steps to protect yourself. Keeping your passwords safe, making sure you don’t click on suspicious links or use public computers when signing in to your accounts on other websites are just a few ways to protect yourself.
Why is protecting user privacy so important to us?
When you use our services, you entrust us with your private data. And we take that responsibility very seriously. We understand how important it is to keep your data safe, secure and private.
With that in mind, protecting your data is not just a best practice — it’s an expectation.